The lips are often one of the first places to show signs of aging, dehydration, and sun damage. Additionally, keeping them unprotected from the sun can also increase one’s risk of skin cancer. At Rendon Center Dermatology and Aesthetic Medicine, our dermatologists in Boca Raton, FL, can make recommendations regarding the best products to use and the steps needed to keep the lips soft, supple, smooth, and protected!
How do I take care of my lips?
Use these six tips to help keep your lips looking their best!
- Exfoliate. Gently remove dead skin cells with a lip scrub or exfoliating brush two or three times a week. This will help improve texture and create a smooth canvas for hydration.
- Hydrate and Moisture. Apply a hydrating lip balm or cream throughout the day, especially before bedtime. Choose a formula that provides long-lasting hydration and plumping effects.
- Protect. Always apply sunscreen to your lips when you are going outdoors, even on cloudy days. Look for a lip product that contains SPF 30 or higher.
- Monitor. Check your lips regularly for any signs of damage, such as cracks, soreness, or discoloration. If you notice anything unusual or not normal, make an appointment with a dermatologist or other skin care professional.
- Inspect. Look to make sure you are using the right products, and consider lip products that have been awarded with the Seal of Recommendation from organizations such as The Skin Cancer Foundation. This ensures the products you are using meet the high standards set forth by this organization, so you get the best protection!
- Reapply. Be sure to reapply hydrating lip balm or cream throughout the day, especially after eating or drinking. This helps keep your lips hydrated and looking their best.
Learn more about caring for your lips and skin
If you are interested in working with a dermatological professional to keep your skin and lips looking fabulous, connect with Rendon Center Dermatology and Aesthetic Medicine. Our doctors are here to help patients in the Boca Raton, FL area with their skincare needs and can make product and treatment recommendations to help you look and feel your absolute best! Call us today at 561-750-0544 to schedule an appointment.