Click the buttons below to learn more about our clinical dermatology services.
What kinds of skin care problems can a clinical dermatologist treat?
Some of the common conditions we provide treatment for include:
- Acne is a chronic condition leading to clogged pores, pimples, cysts, and possibly scarring.
- Actinic Keratosis (precancerous spots) are rough scaly bumps appearing on the skin surface, usually resulting from sun exposure.
- Eczema (atopic dermatitis) is a chronic skin condition causing itchy, dry, inflamed skin.
- Dermatitis is inflamed skin, a term that can encompass several types of inflammation.
- Genital Warts (condyloma), which are caused by the HPV virus, increase in number or size without treatment.
- Hair Loss can strike men or women of any age, though it can typically be slowed or stopped with treatment.
- Herpes may be oral (cold sores) or genital. We provide the most effective treatments available, discreetly.
- Hives (urticaria) are pale red bumps appearing on the skin, usually caused by an allergic reaction.
- Infections often accompany rashes or develop where the skin is broken and may spread without treatment.
- Melanoma is the most serious type of skin cancer and should be treated immediately.
- Poison Ivy can cause a severe skin reaction on contact and may require dermatological treatment.
- Psoriasis is a common, inflammatory condition, which can have a negative impact on your quality of life if left untreated.
- Rashes may be unsightly, itchy, painful, or all three. We offer diagnosis and treatment for a variety of skin rashes.
- Rosacea is a skin disease causing redness and irritation of the facial skin, which worsens with time if not treated.
- Scars may be caused by a variety of events including acne, injury, or surgery. Nearly all can be reduced or eliminated.
- Skin Cancer may be removed with traditional surgery or the new Mohs Micrographic technique.
- Nail Care includes treatment of diseases, fungal infections, and inflammatory conditions.
- Allergy Testing is performed to determine what specific substances may be causing an allergic reaction.
There are usually several treatment options for any kind of skin condition. If you have any problems with the appearance or health of your skin, call the Rendon Center at 561-750-0544 or fill out the form on this page to schedule an appointment.