For many, choosing a new dermatologist doesn’t come easy. Patients who are in need of a professional to help with medical and cosmetic dermatology may be unsure as to who to turn to. This is especially true when the area patients live is inundated with specialists for the skin. At the Rendon Center Dermatology and Aesthetic Medicine, we know that Boca Raton, FL patients are seeking only the best. This is why many new patients and families turn to us for their dermatological needs.
How do I choose a cosmetic dermatologist?
Years ago, patients would just open a phonebook and look for the closest dermatologist. And word of mouth is also a key player when it comes to starting fresh with a medical provider. However, there are many other aspects of a cosmetic dermatologist that patients should consider when they are looking for a cosmetic dermatologist.
Below are just a few strategies to think about when finding a new professional for the skin, hair, and nails:
- Determine your needs. Decide if you are in need of medical, cosmetic, or surgical dermatology, and then seek a professional who specializes in the services you desire.
- Consider a professional with experience caring for people of color. Not every dermatologist has knowledge about patients who have different ethnicities and darker complexions.
- Consider payment options. Some patients have insurance that can cover some dermatological procedures, while others need to consider out-of-pocket expenses, especially for cosmetic solutions. Ask about insurance coverage and payment plans.
- Check a doctor’s credentials. A medical professional should have information on the website regarding their credentials and certifications.
- Consider how comfortable you feel with the dermatologist. Always go with your gut. If you are uncomfortable speaking to your new provider, you may want to consider another doctor for your needs.
Interested in an experienced cosmetic dermatologist?
Our team at the Rendon Center Dermatology and Aesthetic Medicine of Boca Raton, FL is here to help. If you live in the community and are ready to work with a qualified professional for your medical and cosmetic dermatology needs, we welcome you to our facility. We are conveniently located at 1001 NW 13th Street in Suite #100 and accept new and returning patients who call us for an appointment at (561) 750-0544.