With each seasonal change, there is a change in weather, and this means that the skincare routine that works for you during the winter is not going to provide the same benefits during the summer. At Rendon Center Dermatology and Aesthetic Medicine in Boca Raton, FL, we are dedicated to helping patients change up their routines when needed to ensure they are getting the most out of their skincare products.
How can I update my skincare routine for the summer months?
The team at Rendon Center Dermatology and Aesthetic Medicine can evaluate a patient’s skin and determine what their unique needs are. Then, a special skincare regimen may be designed to meet the needs of the patient while ensuring the skin stays healthy, clear, and vibrant during the lazy days of summer! Below are just a few of the ways patients can reevaluate their skincare routine to meet the changing summer weather:
- Wear a high SPF sunscreen each day, regardless of how much time you are spending outdoors. Reapply as necessary, especially if staying outside for several hours or experiencing sweating or swimming.
- Lighten up on your products. In the winter, you often use heavier moisturizers and creams, but during the summer months, it’s time to switch your thick creams and cleanser for lighter, foaming washes or topical products.
- Consider a dual-purpose moisturizer. Some patients will use a moisturizer that also has high SPF sun protection included, which means less products on the face and a lighter feel all day long.
- Keep moisturizing. We may think during the summer months when humidity is higher that we no longer need to moisturize, but this is not the case. Even patients with oily skin can benefit from the right moisturizing products.
- Add Vitamin C serum to your routine. Vitamin C is great for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and preventing hyperpigmentation, while stimulating the skin’s natural production of collagen. Layer this serum between cleansing and moisturizing.
- Exfoliation is a great way to keep the skin cleansed and light, and can be done with at-home product or certain in-office treatments such as microdermabrasion or chemical peels.
How do I learn more?
Let us help you redesign your skincare routine for summer! Call our office at (561) 750-0544 to request an appointment at our office, located in Boca Raton at 1001 NW 13th Street, Suite #100.