If you are seeking solutions that can provide treatment for a wide range of skin concerns, including poor skin texture and tone, you may be advised by Dr. Marta Rendon of Boca Raton, Florida to consider the advantages of chemical peels. Chemical peels are commonly used to address skin imperfections while stimulating skin cell turnover. They can be used to treat a wide range of issues, which can include:
• Poor skin complexion
• Fine lines and wrinkles
• Mild acne and acne scarring
• Dull skin appearance
• Light hyperpigmentation concerns
With a chemical peel, patient can address all of these concerns with a single service. Using chemical peels is highly recommended for patients of all skin types, and continues to be a popular service at the Rendon Center Dermatology and Aesthetic Medicine office.
What types of peels are available?
There are many varieties of chemical peels available at the Rendon Center Dermatology and Aesthetic Medicine. Dr. Marta Rendon can evaluate a patient’s skin and make recommendations in regards to the best treatment for them.
• Light chemical peels, sometimes referred to as superficial peels, are a smart choice for patients with mild skin issues and complexion concerns. They are often formulated with salicylic acid. These can be done once a month and only result in minor redness and irritation after treatment.
• Medium-strength chemical peels are a beneficial treatment for those who need deeper exfoliation and want to see faster results. This peel exfoliates the top dermal layer where skin damage is the most prominent and is typically formulated with glycolic acid. Patients can schedule these treatments approximately four to six months apart.
• Deep chemical peels are full-strength treatments that can lead to one to two weeks of scabbing, redness, and peeling. Because they are more aggressive, they do require patients to take time off of work and other social activities as their skin heals. They also provide more significant results and should be performed every few years to keep the skin looking great!
Are you thinking about adding chemical peels to your skincare routine?
Connect with Dr. Marta Rendon, our board-certified dermatologist at the Rendon Center Dermatology and Aesthetic Medicine, and get started finding solutions for enhancing your skin’s texture and tone. Her practice is located at 1001 NW 13th Street in Suite #100 and appointments can be arranged by calling (561) 750-0544.