If you’re dealing with psoriasis, you know just how frustrating it can be to cycle through ineffective treatments only to have another itchy, scaly flare-up. If topicals or systemic medications aren’t effective for you, there could be a better way to clear your psoriasis. At Rendon Center for Dermatology & Aesthetic Medicine, the team of board-certified dermatologists has treated countless patients with this irritating skin condition using XTRAC laser therapy in Boca Raton. Read on to learn more about how this laser for psoriasis could help you.
What Are the Benefits of XTRAC Laser Therapy for Psoriasis?
The XTRAC excimer laser uses a concentrated band of UVB light to penetrate the top layer of your skin and break down scaly plaques. Some of the main benefits of XTRAC laser treatments for psoriasis include:
- Quick, pain-free treatments: XTRAC laser sessions generally take between 10 and 20 minutes, and most patients report a painless warming sensation.
- Faster results: You may see improvements with XTRAC more quickly than with other treatments. Most patients see clearance in 10 to 20 sessions at a frequency of one to three times per week.
- No downtime: You can return to normal activities immediately after XTRAC treatments.
- Fewer side effects: If you’re experiencing unwanted side effects from medications, excimer laser treatments could be a good alternative. XTRAC therapy side effects tend to be localized and mild.
- Less UV exposure: Traditional phototherapy for psoriasis involves exposing more of your skin to UV light, while XTRAC treatments allow us to target a precise area.
If you don’t see the clearance you want from your current treatment plan, XTRAC laser therapy could help break down stubborn plaques. The team at Rendon Center may also prescribe XTRAC in combination with other psoriasis treatments for the best results.
Am I a Good Candidate for Psoriasis Laser Treatments?
If you have mild to moderate psoriasis with localize plaques, XTRAC laser therapy could be a good fit for you. This treatment is an excellent option for psoriasis in hard-to-reach places like your scalp or under your nails. It’s also a good alternative for those not responding well to other medications. The best way to determine if XTRAC is right for you is to visit a provider at Rendon Center for Dermatology & Aesthetic Medicine.
Find Effective Psoriasis Treatment in Boca Raton
Psoriasis can be difficult to manage, but you don’t have to do it alone. At Rendon Center for Dermatology & Aesthetic Medicine, skilled and welcoming dermatologists are known for using the most advanced techniques and technologies to deliver patient-focused care. Call 561-750-0544 to book your psoriasis treatment in Boca Raton, Florida.